The 2018 Festival was held at Grace Lutheran Church in Knoxville, TN 37923 on April 6 & 7, 2018
Nick Hanson has been serving as the director of handbell ensembles at the Potomac School in McLean, Virginia since 2006, and as the handbell director at Bush Hill Presbyterian Church in Alexandria, Virginia, since 2008. At Potomac, Nick’s duties include teaching instrumental music curriculum to 5th-12th grade students who participate in any of the school’s four handbell ensembles and teaching private handbell lessons. His directing duties at Bush Hill currently involve a teen/adult ensemble.
Nick is a published handbell composer, has served as faculty, clinician, and conductor at handbell events nationally (Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Virginia), and internationally (Hong Kong and Taiwan). He is a member and assistant to the director of the Virginia Bronze Handbell Ensemble. He holds a B.A. degree from Concordia University, Irvine CA as a major in music with concentration in handbells, and is currently he is working toward his Masters in Church Music
GENERAL SESSION PIECES
- Joyful, Joyful arr. Cynthia Dobrinski (MHP2752) Lvl 3-
- O Sacred Head Now Wounded arr. Jason Krug (MBEHB331) Lvl 3
- The Wonder of It All arr. Bill Ingram (MRP7512) Lvl 3-
- Holy Manna arr. Nicholas Hanson (MRW8245) Lvl 2
- Down By the Riverside arr Valerie Stephenson (MLC201456L) Lvl 3
OPTIONAL SESSION PIECES
- The Little Drummer Boy arr Joel Raney (MHP2802) Lvl 3+ Percussion and synth
- Let All Things Now Living arr Cathy Moklebust (MCGB170) Lvl 4
- All Is Well arr Joel Raney (MHP2772) Lvl 2 but with required piano and synth.
Click below for a photo gallery of images from the festival weekend.